friends become family when you live with them.

7:57 PM Marcie 1 Comments

My freshman year I had a random roommate. Probably the best choice I could have made. Anna Mari Gee, also known as Anakin, was brought into my life via DJ 3102. Thank you, BYU Housing. I haven't been the same since. I'll spare you the mushy details, but she's definitely one of my best friends now.

Spring term rolled around and there weren't many of us staying. 5 friends and I signed a contract for our first apartment. Most of us knew each other - or at least we knew of each other. I have got to say we have become quite the family.
  • We have family dinners, sometimes with guests.
  • We have family movies playing pretty much once a day.
  • We have an open-closet policy here. I can't remember the last time I wore an outfit that was completely my own.
  • We have a family calendar that dictates our lives. Whatever goes on that calendar happens. No matter what.
  • We have family picnics.
  • We have freshly baked treats in our kitchen every day. Thanks, Gretch!
  • Maren's motherly instincts kicked in when she adopted two baby chicks into our family. She actually sang "rubber ducky" to them and got up in the middle of the night to check on them.
  • Jordan is our rebellious teenager. Always out with the boys.
  • Kylie is our dad. She graciously drives the family everywhere (seriously ky, thank you).
  • We have to reprimand Mady and Maren for playing with their food. Literally.
  • We even took family pictures.
Needless to say, we have become family. Thanks again, BYU Housing, for making me the best of friends! I'm so sad to be leaving all of them in the next couple of days!

1 comment:

  1. maren did not adopt chickens....what...

    i love this.

    ReplyDelete