goodbye galilee

7:38 AM Marcie Parson 1 Comments

 
 Caesarea, 
not to be confused with...
 
Caesarea Philippi

Mark 16
13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Cæsarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.


It was a little sad to leave this place that I had grown to love in just two short weeks. It was almost magical... I was living on the shore of the sea where Jesus walked on water.

But I was missing Jerusalem. It feels so good to once again be enveloped in a city of limestone, hear the call to prayer, see that gold dome from my back porch, and meditate on the mount of olives. Part of my heart will forever be in this city. We won't even talk about how heart breaking April 19th will be.

1 comment:

  1. Marcie - this is so amazing. How fun it has been to travel to all of these places with you! thanks for sharing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete