a missionary christmas

10:33 PM Marcie Parson 1 Comments

These are my parents. They're practically perfect. 

Sometimes when people ask me if I'm going to serve a mission, I tell them I AM serving a mission because I'm so far away from my family it just feels like it sometimes. Yeah, yeah, so I'm not a full-time missionary, nor am I planning on being one anytime soon, but my world is surrounded by missionary work. My friends are getting mission calls, I've shared the gospel, and my parents are rockstar mission presidents in the Colombia Cali Mission

I love being a part of missionary work. I love seeing how it works, watching my friends prepare and grow, interacting with the missionaries, and seeing how the church is growing in other parts of the world. Some of my favorite memories from my past year were experiencing church services in other countries. No matter what languages were spoken, they had the same feeling. They always felt like home. 

I don't know how I lucked out and managed to have three weeks with my parents for Christmas break this year - seriously, thank you, BYU. It had been almost a year and a half since I had seen them. From the day I arrived in Colombia, I was immersed in mission life. We traveled the mission for over a week, visited every zone, went to zone leader council, and were surrounded by missionaries 24-7. Everywhere my parents went, I went too, and let me just say that as a college students who is used to minimal amounts of sleep, maintaining the schedule of a mission president absolutely wiped me out. I don't know how they do it.


It may sound silly, but the best part about my adventurous break was just doing simple things as a family like playing games or baking together. I've missed that so much, and it was so nice to just talk to my parents face to face for a change and get some much needed advice. So while my break was a little unconventional, it was perhaps the best Christmas I've had. 


1 comment:

  1. so happy i came across your cute blog!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete