loving love

9:45 PM Marcie Parson 1 Comments


Those who know me well know that I love love. I love people in love, and I love to love people. Valentine's Day is definitely a good day for me.

I think I've always liked Valentine's Day (aside from a few bitter teenage years), probably because it is my mom's favorite holiday. My mom is the kind of person who does things full out. For most holidays our house was decked out and she dressed rather festively - complete with holiday socks and earrings. Valentine's Day was no exception. Every year I could wake up and expect a handmade valentine with some sort of valentine surprise to be waiting for me on the kitchen counter. Not to mention sugar cookies, rice krispie treat teddy bears, or some other treat to be given away.

Like I said, full out.

I think I inherited her festive gene. Crafty? No. Baking extraordinaire? Definitely not. While I'm not nearly as good at anything as my mom is, this year I went full out - for me anyways. I was festive. I made valentines. I baked treats. I couldn't wait to tell people I love them.

That's why Valentine's Day is so great. It is yet another excuse to do meaningful things to make your loved ones happy and show them you love them.

And I'll take every chance I can get to spoil people I love.

1 comment:

  1. i love that you love to love the love just as i love to love the love

    ReplyDelete