Still honeymooning

6:34 PM Marcie Parson 3 Comments

I get to work with all sorts of people every day.
All ages, all stages of life, and all kinds of personalities.
Some people are talkers, and some are thinkers.
Some of them love to tease, and some hardly talk at all.

No matter the person, they almost always assume I am younger than I am -- with the youngest assumption being sixteen (really??). The minute they find out I am married, they are in disbelief. One man actually said, "I can't believe you got married right out of high school," and I had to convince him that I am indeed 22 years old.

Once we get past the age conversation, we can more rationally return to the "just-married" conversation. Yesterday a man proudly told me he had been married for 45 years, and another woman who I was helping told me she just had her 31st anniversary. When I told them that I have been married for 4 months, they both burst out laughing and said, "You're still on your honeymoon!" And they heckled me for a good 5 minutes about how giddy I was and how nice "young love" is.

For the rest of the day, I kept thinking about our honeymoon stage and how truly blissful it is. I recognize that this doesn't happen to everyone. In fact, a lot of people "warned" us that things would get more challenging once we got married. Maybe we're the exception to the rule, but Craig and I often talk about how this could not be more untrue for us. Life has been so much sweeter since the day we got married.

A few weeks ago we attended the sealing of a friend, and it was the first sealing I had been to since our own. I hardly knew them and I still got weepy because it was so cool to hear the words that went right over my head when it was happening to me. Plus I'm a big sap and get so happy when people are in love.

I love being a newlywed. I hope it lasts forever.



3 comments:

  1. I love your love, and I'm so happy you're happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love this. we were told the same thing - 'the first year is so hard', but we never really saw the reality of that - so glad you guys are so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! And especially love this post! We wondered the same thing.....why people "warned" us so much or said the first year was the hardest? We always joke, if the first year is the hardest...we are in for a GOOD many years ahead of us cuz this first year was incredible!! :) I love how happy you are...you deserve it! Never stop honeymooning! :)

    ReplyDelete