Corolla

5:40 PM Marcie Parson 0 Comments

On the first of August I boarded a plane and headed for the Airmet home in Richmond, Virginia. Since most of the Princes no longer live in Virginia, Jennie's house is kind of the meeting place for all of us, and although it's not Herndon, it's still home when we're together. That night all five Prince Kids and my parents were together for the first time in three years. The only person missing was, of course, Doctor P, who, despite my wishful thinking, wasn't able to escape his rotations.

The very next morning we made the trek to Corolla, North Carolina, where we had rented a beach house for the week. It was a blast, complete with thousands of inside jokes and yes, even matching t-shirts. At the end of the week, my parents gathered around all of the kids and grandkids and had a heart-to-heart about family. They asked each of us what we had enjoyed most about that week, and we heard answers ranging from monopoly games, yoga, the "cousin challenge," and waves, but my mom and dad, with tears in their eyes, simply said how grateful they were to be back with all of us.

They were right. The best part of the week was being together.

The older I get, the more grateful I am for parents who taught me to love the Lord and love one another. I am so grateful for the unique relationship my family has and how close we remain, despite our distance. I attribute it all to my near-perfect parents, who devote their lives to doing what's right and teaching their kids to do the same.

Here are a few pictures of the madness (family pics to come soon):


Please note the stormy sky. The original forecast was thunderstorms ALL week! We were so happy when it cleared up after a day or two of storms. We all know that Grandma Joni's prayers literally stop the rain. 
 The self portrait wall from FHE 
(Parsons, please note that Craig's not your only hope for passing on artistic genes! Okay maybe he is...)
 Ball toss from the "cousin challenge"




 Water balloon toss from the "cousin challenge"
 
The world's most perfect baby, Princess Katherine

0 comments: