BIG news

8:47 AM Marcie Parson 0 Comments

Baby BOY Parson coming July 2015! 





I must admit that I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm overwhelmed, terrified, and mostly in denial. So many of my friends who have recently been or are pregnant now have all had rockstar easy pregnancies. Naturally I assumed that I, too, would be a rockstar and just "love" being pregnant. I was wrong. So wrong. And I found this out during week THREE (yep, sickness started that early). It's been pretty frustrating and discouraging. Most of the time it feels like I can't do anything right, like my body is waging a war against me and I have no control over anything it does. 

It's scary. Just plain scary.

But every four weeks I get to go to the doctor and see my little one. I can hear his heart beating and the world stops for a minute. I can finally see him growing and moving around like crazy in there, and I think, but how? how is it possible? is he really in there? he's mine? It just feels like a miracle. For the past four months, it's been hard to believe that this is real. To me, those ultrasounds are God's way of telling me, you're really doing this, you CAN do this, and if you think this is heaven, just wait until you meet him.

At 17 weeks, my nausea has finally started to calm down, and I'm growing a only-noticable-to-me bump. But that minuscule bump is making me more and more excited every day! It's finally becoming real to me. I still have no idea what I'm doing and probably never will (trying not to think about it too much because the control freak in me is panicking), but for now I'm enjoying dreaming about meeting our baby boy...  and how athletic, smart, handsome, and talented he will be...

they only get our good qualities, right?

0 comments: