Captain Planet

9:11 AM Marcie Parson 2 Comments

Two weeks ago I was in a car accident. While exiting the freeway, I was hit by another driver who lost control of their car and swerved into my lane. I had never been in a car accident that was more than a little fender bender, so a freeway smash was pretty terrifying. Luckily the damage was to the front of the car (from the tire forward), because had it hit the drivers side door, I definitely would have broken some bones. I walked away without a scratch, but the trusted 2001 Chevy Malibu that I had driven since high school was officially totaled.

The car buying process became more stressful as each day passed. As a first-time car buyer, I had no idea what I was doing, but I needed a car ASAP! We were desperately trying to research cars and figure out what we wanted/needed/could afford. It was so hard to get our crazy school/work schedules to match up for more than a few hours at a time. We went to a few places and nothing felt right, not to mention that the idea of spending that much money on anything made me want to throw up. I was frustrated. 

Finally, two weeks later, we bought a car. It was scary. We were super nervous. We said a million little prayers because we were freaking out and wanted to make a good decision. But I guess it's about time I start facing my fears of dealing with grown-up things since, oh, I don't know, I'm bringing a child into the world soon. I'm an adult, I promise.

So we bought a Prius. I think it looks like a roly-poly and probably will bring an assortment of bad-driver and environmentalist stereotypes upon us. Craig thinks it feels like driving a video game.

But it's great. and oh man does it feel good to be able to drive again.



2 comments:

  1. First, I am so so so glad that you are ok!
    That being said.
    I am jealous! I want a prius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought the exact opposite of a prius. Sorry environment.

    ReplyDelete