January

3:31 PM Marcie Parson 0 Comments

January was an end of the era of interviews and the start of a more carefree period for us. Craig had his last two interviews, one of which wasn't technically an interview at all. First he went to Denver to visit a traditional rotating internship program because they didn't hold interviews for this particular program. Then he had his final interview for a family medicine residency in Scottsdale.

After the interview season was over, we were able to sit back and relax a little bit! We went out for a date night, and for the first time ever, we actually left Max with someone other than our parents. We all survived, considering it is so hard for me to leave him with anyone! We've also been taking Max hiking with us every weekend, which is so fun for me. I love that it's an activity that we love so much and that we're able to share that with Max! So far he loves being outdoors, and we love Arizona weather.





Sorry I love family selfies so much

Sara and Carly came to stay with us for a few days. Sara was taking an art workshop in Scottsdale, and I watched Carly while she was gone during the day. We loved having them visit. It's always so nice to have family come to town. However, having two babies around the same age definitely reaffirmed my desire to never ever have twins. It was a lot of work!





This picture cracks me up literally every time I look at it. It is too funny to not share.


Cruising art galleries with the artsy babes


On January 4, my Grandpa Clement passed away. He was a great man who loved his family so much. He had the best sense of humor and was always so much fun to visit. One of my most tender memories of Grandpa is when I brought Craig up to Brigham to meet him while we were dating. He hugged me goodbye, and with tears streaming down his face, he quietly told Craig how much he loved me and to take good care of me (or else!). As we were driving away, Craig told me he had never seen a grandparent love a grandchild quite so much. 

Losing a grandparent wasn't what I thought it would be. I have a firm testimony of the plan of salvation, and although he is missed, I know he is very happily reunited with my Grandma Clement. I feel so grateful to be tied to such wonderful people forever. What a blessing it is to be a part of this family! 

A BYU puzzle in honor of Grandpa's love for jigsaw puzzles!
I have found a lot of happiness in working towards the goals I have set this year. I feel like all of my goals I have set in years prior have been kind of boring and vague. Or even when they are specific, a lack of passion puts them on the back burner. This year, I have specific goals that are very important to me, and I honestly feel so much happier after just one month of working on them! I feel healthier, both physically and mentally. Even though the goals are totally unrelated, I can tell I am developing a closer relationship to God. It's like he is proud of me for trying to become the best version of myself. God is good, always. 

My little gym buddy

0 comments: